Old Sturbridge Village Handmade Redware Pottery Mug Medium
Pickup available at Ox & Yoke Store located in Oliver Wight Building
Usually ready in 24 hours
Drink your morning coffee or use to hold a small bouquet of flowers. This generous sided redware pottery mug is the perfect gift or accent for your home. Made by the talented potters at Old Sturbridge Village using techniques and designs from our historic collection. Each piece of redware pottery is made in Massachusetts.
- Care: dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe
- Each mug is handmade so no two are exactly the same size, shape or color.
- Size: holds approx. 20 oz
- Dimensions: approx. 5.5" x 4" x 5.5"
- Handmade by Old Sturbridge Village potters
- Signed on the bottom
History/Evolution of the Coffee Mug: During the Neolithic period (3900 BC - 1700 BC), people poured their drinks into wood cups or animal skulls. In 3000 BC, Blacksmiths started making mugs from gold, silver, bronze, or lead. In 1200 BC, ceramics gave people in the Middle Ages a chance to show off their artistry. They could use a pottery wheel to create new intricate mugs with elaborate patterns.