Old Sturbridge Village Handmade Redware Pottery Small Pitcher
Handcrafted by Old Sturbridge Village Potters using traditional wood firing techniques, giving it a truly one-of-a-kind finish created by the flames. Each piece of redware pottery is made in Massachusetts.
- Care: dishwasher, microwave, and oven safe
- Each pitcher is handmade so no two are exactly the same size, shape or color.
- Size: holds approx. 20 oz
- Dimensions: approx. 5" x 4" x 5"
- Handmade by Old Sturbridge Village potters
- Signed on the bottom
- Choose item fired using our standard methods or from our annual wood firing in historic kiln (see details below)
Annual Kiln Firing: This inkwell has been created by hand but is then placed in the wood fed kiln for the final step creating a deeper, richer color. Located outside the Old Sturbridge Village potters shed, the large, reproduction brick “updraft bottle” kiln is used once a year for firing pots. Visit OSV.org to see details on the next kiln firing.