Sweet Maple: Backyard Sugarmaking from Tap to Table
Pickup available at Ox & Yoke Store located in Oliver Wight Building
Usually ready in 24 hours
- The 30 different kinds of trees that can be used to make syrup (at least one of which grows in every state of the nation)
- Insight into how sugarmakers down south and out west— well outside of the “maple belt”—are making syrup successfully
- The process of making syrup, to help you decide what level is right for you
- How to make alternative treats, such as lilac syrup
- The health benefits of maple products, which contain more than 40 antioxidants
- Substituting processed sugar with all-natural maple syrup in any recipe
- The three steps to making maple sugar
- How to make irresistible maple cream and how to enjoy it
While learning the art of sugarmaking alongside her husband, Michelle guides readers through every step of all-natural syrup production, with directions for tapping one tree or hundreds, while detailing the life-changing benefits of using maple syrup in the kitchen. Interspersed with sugaring techniques, tips, sidebars, and storytelling, Michelle shares more than 30 of her family’s tried-and-true maple recipes—from scones to salads.
- Pages: 217 pages
- Author: Michelle Visser
- Dimensions: approx. 7" x 0.5" x 9"